And I was unaware

1995
oil on canvas, 117 x 86 cm



After finishing university I was lucky to have a large studio space in a disused school classroom with lots of light, for a year. It was a quiet space and I didn't have much human contact there but it was spacious and I was able to splash paint around. I wasn't very interested in putting titles on my work but I enjoyed reading poetry and would find phrases stuck in my mind and seemed to go well with particular paintings. This title comes from one of my favourite poems by Thomas Hardy, The Darkling Thrush, which I'd learnt by heart.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Meet The Author

Estudio de la pintura, Spanish for "Painting Studio" is a selection of paintings by artist CHARLES OLSEN. All these works are available for sale and can be viewed by appointment in Aylesbury, England (unless stated otherwise). Please contact the artist at: info@charlesolsen.es

You can see Olsen's latest work on his website www.charlesolsen.es